Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tasti per la nostra nuova casa

Translation: Keys to our new home

What a great day! I planned to pick up our keys to our new home today after lunchtime but had to stop at the Personal Property Office first to get an update on our Household Goods (HHG) and express-shipped items. By contract, neither shipment was due until the first week of July, so I was feeling lucky that our express shipment was supposedly getting here early. When I got to the office, the woman had Jamie's email address up on her screen, it was the email trying to schedule delivery... perfect timing! She went ahead and called the company and delivery was set up for today. She said she'd call just to check if the regular shipment had any updates, imagine my surprise when she told me it was ready for delivery!! It's coming tomorrow, 8am delivery.

Riann, Lincoln and I walked from one side of the base to the other to wait for the express delivery just in the case they tried to deliver early... no such luck, however we did get to meet our neighbors who we'll be sharing a common entry area with. Could I have any more luck today... The woman is FROM Napoli, English is her second language so she asked if we could talk so she could improve her English... Umm, only if she can teach me Italian!! She has 3 children, a set of twins who turned 5 today, a girl named Taylor and a boy named Joshua, and their older brother, William (my guess is the Dad is American). Riann has a friend, Lincoln has two soccer-loving nice boys to keep him busy and wear him out... and I have an Italian teacher! I hope she can teach me to cook too!!

Off to unpack a kitchen and other random, quickly shipped things.

No comments:

Post a Comment